The Largest Blackcurrant
- This early season variety is bred in Scotland by SCRI and is exclusive to Hargreaves Plants for the amateur market.
- This has been described as the largest blackcurrant we have ever seen, bearing more than double the fruit size of standard varieties.
- An excellent variety for amateur gardens, average berry weight is over double that of other cultivars, with mature bushes producing exceptionally high yields of fruit (up to 4.5kg).
- The fruit itself has a shiny, strong skin with a sweet flavour which makes it ideal for fresh consumption.
- This variety also has resistance to Mildew and Leaf Spot, making it one of the most exciting new products in the marketplace.
Supply of plant material is limited due to the high demand and novelty of this variety. As such, plants are only available to order on contract, so to book or request further information please contact a member of the sales team.
All plants are supplied 'royalty paid' and propagation is strictly prohibited. Any illegal propagation is liable to lead to legal action.